Over 600 Lakes!

Over 600 Lakes!
Bat Lake - Minden

Monday, January 25, 2016

2015's Luxury Market Review

Last year I did a little summary of the Luxury Market in The Highlands and it seemed well received. Time flies, so it is time to review last year's market.
The Highlands is a technicolour  tourist area! Big, small and everything inbetween. Our 600 lakes provide everything from the quiet, private retreat to big boating. And the area is growing! Minden and Haliburton, the two main towns, have both seen growth this past year but the best part is that even though the area is growing, we will never get too big. This keeps our market stable during tough times, and growing the rest of the time. People who discover the Highlands never want to leave!
 In my previous blog I noted that the Luxury Market, although still young to the area, has been growing in leaps and bounds. Between 2013 and 2014 the market grew 38% in number of sales from 5 sales in the whole tourist area that were over $1,000,000 to 8 sales. In 2015 we had 11 sales over $1,000,000.
The lakes that these sales occurred were all over the map! A small, private lake with pure privacy, mid-size lakes such as Mountain and Kushog, chain lakes such as Twelve Mile, Soyers, and Kashagawagimog, and of course the two larger lakes - Kennisis and Redstone. The smallest waterfront was 95 feet, ranging up to 1,273 feet (excluding the private lake which really skews the numbers). Again, the number of sales in a whole year is small, but looking at the big picture of area and market growth - the luxury market is continuing to climb as more luxury cottages are built. The increase from 8 sales to 11 sales in one year is a 28% increase.
At the beginning of February I am travelling to Mississauga to upgrade my training on latest marketing trends and learning from industry leaders in the Luxury Marketing industry. I am so excited...keeping on top and up to date so that I can offer the best possible service for my clients. I will let everyone know how the training went....stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post. Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. https://www.myamericandreamhomes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog! It's fantastic! The name is really interesting and beautiful and the contain is great! https://www.webuyhousesfastfair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.It was really useful to get information from regularly read blogs. his blog is very helpful for me. You are doing a great job. Keep it up. Dublin Property Management

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. house for sale in queens

    ReplyDelete